Jobs at Finca International
FINCA International, one of the world’s leading microfinance institutions, provides financial services to more than 900,000 clients through 21 wholly-owned and operated subsidiaries in Africa, Eurasia, Latin America and the Greater Middle East. Finca International opens a Microfinance Bank in Nigeria and currently looking for an Information Systems (IS) Manager, to be based in Owerri, Nigeria. The IS Manager reports to the Country Director. The IS Manager is in charge of leading a function whose key responsibility is to facilitate alignment of FINCA’s technology with its operational vision based on the information systems strategy, by putting in place information systems which provide business advantage and increase operating efficiency in serving the FINCA’s clientele.
The responsibilities of this position are:
- Review the information systems strategy and advise changes in the light of changes in Finca operations and external environment,
- Planning and co-ordination of all information systems development projects to support the achievement of Finca business strategy,
- Oversee timely implementation of information systems projects focused on efficient information exchange within Finca and delivery of customer services,
- Carry out routine reviews of the core banking system to ensure optimum interactions between the system and users,
- Overall review of the effectiveness of the system and in charge of quality assurance,
- Evaluate developments in the banking industry to ensure that the Finca core banking system provides state-of-the-art business solutions to users,
- Plan and design disaster recovery plans for the Finca information systems,
- Overall responsible for designing the information security policy covering information system applications and infrastructure,
- Undertake a review of the branch network connectivity to establish the operating level,
- Coach and mentor staff on information systems development at the country level,
- Carry out annual appraisal of performance and make recommendations on staff training.
- University Degree in computer science or equivalent,
- Oracle database management and administration,
- Minimum 5-years experience in an IT position in a reputable financial services organization,
- Knowledge of banking regulatory/compliance framework, information systems policies and practice,
- Experience with Windows OS, server configuration and maintenance, networking, and Windows-based scripting languages, and some familiarity with Unix/Linux,
- Experience with more than one operating system / multi sites,
- Strong business (as opposed to technical) performance orientation,
- Excellent project management skills,
- Ability to anticipate problems and proactively takes measures to control or minimize them,
- Ability to network and create positive, mutually co-operative relationships with internal customers,
- Innovation and creativity, ability to translate business needs into technical solutions,
- Energy, determination and flexibility, ability to set realistic, aggressive targets, leads by example, empowers staff, actively displays and rewards target behaviors,
- High level of confidentiality required,
- Fluency in English required
- Some domestic travel (up to 30%).
CLICK LINK TO APPLY
FINCA International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Not later than 31 August 2012.
Jobs at Finca International
|الذين يشاهدون محتوى الموضوع الآن : 1 ( الأعضاء 0 والزوار 1)|
|انواع عرض الموضوع|