Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) Jobs
Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH)
is of the leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs for
Health, HIV/AIDS, TB and
Malaria prevention, care and
social marketing, etc. ARFH offers professional opportunities for
career advancement, good working environment and
We seek application from qualified candidates for
immediate employment for
positions on various projects as follows: Microbiologist/Laboratory Consultant, Monitoring and
Evaluation Specialist on the National Tuberculosis and
Leprosy Control programme in Abuja, Quality Improvement Advisor (Reproductive Health) on the Nigeria Urban Reproductive Health
Initiative (NURHI); currently implementing in for
cities; namely, Ibadan, Ilorin, Kaduna and
Abuja with expansion to Benin and
Zaria by September 2012; and
Internal Auditor. 1.) Microbiologist/Laboratory Consultant - Abuja Specific/Job Responsibilities
- Provide overall technical leadership, guidance and support in the laboratory to implement high quality TB care and support activities at the State and Local Government Area (LGA) levels.
- Coordinate the design, planning and implementation of the laboratory components of the TB care and treatment programmes at the State and community levels.
- Provide technical assistance in capacity building for laboratory services at the Health facilities and other settings at both the State and LGA levels.
- Conduct laboratory systems assessment and review of activities to evaluate the quality and consistence of laboratory standards practice at the State and LGA levels.
- Guide, supervise, coordinate and oversee the activities of zonal laboratory officers as well as work in close collaboration with the zonal M&E team to collect laboratory data and carry out data quality assessment.
- Ensure adequate information captured in DHIS on laboratory reagents and commodities.
- Develop guidelines, tools and recommendations related to the implementation, testing, monitoring and quality assurance of laboratory services for TB care and treatment in collaboration with laboratory technical staff at the zone.
- Develop quality control and quality assurance systems and ensure related documentation, training and monitoring.
- Document lessons learnt from activities related to laboratory services and management for TB care and treatment and apply these lessons to improve existing and programmes and design new ones.
- Remain informed on the new findings in the field of laboratory technology that relate to TB care and treatment by reviewing current literature and draw implications from the search for programme activities.
- Candidates should possess a medical degree specializing in Microbiology or a Master’s degree in Laboratory Sciences or related field with 5 or more years post qualification work experience; including a minimum of 3 years experience in TB care and Treatment at clinical level.
- Also preferred are experiences in PCR technique and laboratory TB activities A PhD degree in Microbiology will be an added advantage.
Interested candidates should send CV to: E-mail: [email protected] 2.) Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist - Abuja Specific Responsibilities:
- Assist in the design, implementation and supervision of monitoring and evaluation activities for TB control activities at the State and LGA levels with primary focus on the community-based activities.
- Coordinate and provide technical assistance for the implementation of M&E activities for the TB projects at the state and LGA and strengthen community involvement and participation in TB activities
- Work directly with the implementing partners (community-based organizations), LGA PHC coordinators, LGA
- TB supervisiors to facilitate the implementation of high quality M&E system for TB care activities
- Work closely with other staff to ensure synergy relevant to the implementation and documentation of TB activities at the LGA level.
- Develop, review and ensure correct implementation of the TB M&E plan as a subset of national M&E plan
- Ensure that M&E strategies are implemented according to plan
- Develop and/or adapt, monitor the use of and inform necessary modification to M&E tools
- Support timely and accurate data flow and prepare and review reports from sub recipients, program staff, etc.
- Applicants must possess MPH, MD or Ph.D in Social Science or Medical Statistics. Preference will be given to candidates with a minimum of 5 years experience, including 3-5 years experience in monitoring and evaluation in an NGO environment.
- A sound knowledge of statistics, computer literacy and experience working with local partners, including local NGOs and CBOs and knowledge of local context are essential.
Interested candidates should send CV to: E-mail: [email protected] 3.) Quality Improvement Advisor (QIA) (Reproductive Health) - Abuja Specific Responsibilities
- Provide oversight and management of capacity and skills building of service providers for provision of quality Family planning (FP) services (clinical, CTU, CLMS, counseling) and work with relevant institutions to deploy
- Provide technical guidance and direction for project’s site based staff in supporting QI and Health systems’ strengthening responsibilities.
- Provide input on strategic project issues especially on the Quality Improvement agenda including supportive supervision.
- Ensure synergy and coordination with other NURHI project advisors and strategies participate in and support relevant M&E functions and documentation efforts, and harmonize field reports through strategic analysis in line with project objectives
- Ensure linkages with other collaborating partners and relevant organizations and facilitate replication of project models in the expansion sites and within the organization.
- Extend frontiers of the project through networking and Linkages, and evolve strategies to fill observed gaps in the project.
- Contribute to NURHFs efforts to build the local capacity of Nigerian local organizations in the areas of quality improvement with ARFH serving as lead
- Candidates must possess a Medical or Nursing degree with vast experience working in the field of Reproductive Health, including Family planning with ability to combine clinical skills and public Health programme management.
- Possession of at least, 5 years working experience with Local or International NGOs is an added advantage.
- Good communication skills and proficiency in oral and written English and Office Microsoft applications is mandatory.
- Ability to document and track progress through strategic reviews is an added advantage. Flexibility to travel as at and when needed to project sites to provide guidance on field implementation.
Interested candidates should send CV to: E-mail [email protected] 4.) Internal Auditor- Ibadan Specific Responsibilities
- Conducts check and verification of payable and receivable accounts to ensure improving and complying with organizational policies and procedures, relevant laws (local and international) and professional standards.
- Conducts pre-payment audit review of payment vouchers and supporting documents. Conducts post-payment audit on bank/cash operations and verifies payments to third parties.
- Participates in audit follow-up review, special audits, loss and fraud investigations
- Monitors compliances to internal control guidelines and procedures and assists in evaluation of systems control.
- Makes trips to sub-recipients’ sites for project monitoring and verifications.
- Contributes to the process of budgets and budgetary controls.
- Supports in designing, installing, implementing and maintaining adequate accounting and internal control systems.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly audit reports for ARFH management and other stakeholders.
- Supports in providing quality control checks on the project
- Coordinates the annual audits with the external auditors,
- A chartered accountant with over 5 years experience working in accounting firms or NGOs
- He/she should be a good team player, and have strong communication skill; ability to interact at all levels of management, donors, sub-recipients and external auditors.
Interested candidates should send CV to: E-mail [email protected] Application Closing Date
12th June, 2012 How To Apply
The salary attached to these positions is competitive. Applicants should send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and
cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for
the job to the various E-mail addresses on or before 12th June, 2012.
Please indicate the position applied for
as the subject matter of the email . Application that fails to comply with the above instructions will be disqualified while only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Applicants should indicate their availability for
immediate engagement. Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) Jobs