Oh!!Oh. Two Children Die in Ogun house fire
Children have died in a night fire at a home in Agoka, Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital.
Lateef Akinwunmi (12), his sister Jumoke (5) and Two older siblings were asleep in their room on Wednesday night when the fire broke out.
Their mother, Mrs Basirat Akinwunmi, was said to have rushed to the room to rescue the Children when the fire broke out in the bungalow at 11pm. But she could only save the Two older children. Additional efforts by other occupants and their neighbours to douse the fire were abortive. The fire reportedly spread fast from one room to the other.
It also destroyed property worth thousands of naira.
A sympathiser, who spoke in confidence, said the incident could have been averted if there was no blackout and intense heat, which forced people to sleep outside their rooms.
It was learnt that the woman was roused from where she was enjoying the breeze when she saw smoke coming from her room.
“As the woman saw the smoke coming out of the room and remembering that her Children were inside, she rushed inside to rescue them. Two were rescued but Two others were burnt,” the sympathiser said.
The Divisional Police Officer (DPO) in Adatan Divisional Police Station, Adatan, Abeokuta, who visited the scene yesterday, said Police Commissioner Okoye Ikemefuna had given orders for the burial of the children.
|الذين يشاهدون محتوى الموضوع الآن : 1 ( الأعضاء 0 والزوار 1)|
|انواع عرض الموضوع|