GE Current Jobs
LOCATION: Port Harcourt, Nigeria
JOB NUMBER: 1619286
BUSINESS: GE Energy
BUSINESS SEGMENT: Energy – Oil & Gas
At GE Oil & Gas, we’re powering potential. Whether we’re developing technologies to make extraction safer and more efficient, or subsea devices that will usher in a new phase in drilling, GE’s Oil & Gas teams are committed to creating the high-tech products and solutions that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a flexible, creative environment that fosters the groundbreaking intellectual property and patents that make GE a global leader. Here you’ll have the opportunity to take control of your career within the engineering and business worlds, surrounded by diverse, credentialed talent who work together to make a real difference. If you’re a passionate, sound decision maker who thrives on the pursuit of perfection, then join GE in creating the next generation of oil and gas innovations and technologies that will impact the globe for generations to come.
POSTED POSITION TITLE: SOURCING SPECIALIST
This role is based in Port Harcourt Nigeria and role sits within the strategic sourcing initiatives sub-team of the sourcing function, with the primary objective of supporting GE’s local compliance initiative leading strategic sourcing of select commodities and supporting the sourcing team with reports and analysis to facilitate informed decision making.
- Liaising and working closely with global commodity managers as the local owner for assigned commodities
- Developing and executing local sourcing strategies to ensure realization of the business objectives for assigned commodities including but not limited to achieving lowest possible cost for assigned commodities
- Partnering with key local business stakeholders to ensure sourced material and services meet the needs of the business.
- Driving improvements in sourcing processes including escalations due to delivery/quality issues, invoicing/payables issues, contract database management and management reporting.
- Leading the setting up of master service/frame/price agreements for assigned commodities when and where required.
- Ownership & management of the Sourcing Library, ensuring buyers upload all required information as when needed.
- Develop & maintain necessary a suite of reports & other management information to support informed decision making by the Regional sites and Global services leadership team
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma/GED with at least 4 years of experience in a Sourcing role)
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- PC proficiency and Integrative team working style
- Strong analytical skills (excellent understanding of excel)
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS:
Desired Characteristics: Knowledge of Oil & Gs Products
JOB SEGMENTS: Accounts Payable, Database, Engineer, Engineering, Finance, Operations, Strategic Sourcing, Technology
CLICK LINK TO APPLY
DUE DATE: 17th October, 2012.
GE Current Jobs
|الذين يشاهدون محتوى الموضوع الآن : 1 ( الأعضاء 0 والزوار 1)|
|انواع عرض الموضوع|