Flood victims warned against returning to houses
warned people displaced by the recent Flood disaster in the state not to go back to their houses for now.
The government gave the warning in a statement signed by the state's Director of Information, Mr James Adedoyin, and issued in Lokoja on Thursday.
The statement said the warning became necessary when government observed that some victims in various camps had started leaving for their homes, due to the noticeable decrease in water level of the River Niger.
"Persons displaced by the current Flood disaster who are either in or outside various camps in Kogi State are warned not to attempt to return to their houses until they are directed to do so even if their premises are free from flood."
The release said some of the houses that had been under water for several days might not be habitable as some of them were already collapsing.
It said that in line with the promise made by the state's governor, Capt Idris Wada, government would conduct integrity test on buildings that were submerged to ensure that they were safe for habitation.
It reminded the people that the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) had issued an alert that there would likely be more flooding in the days ahead.
"Excessive rainfalls may continue in Cameroun and Guinea, which are sources of Rivers Niger and Benue and through which some parts of Nigeria have been flooded."
The statement added that the displaced persons in various camps in Lokoja and Idah were in good condition, receiving necessary care and medical attention.
|الذين يشاهدون محتوى الموضوع الآن : 1 ( الأعضاء 0 والزوار 1)|
|انواع عرض الموضوع|