Current Careers @ USAID Nigeria
OPENING DATE: JULY 26, 2012
CLOSING DATE: AUGUST 9,20L2
SALARY: FSN: N5, 050,289.00 P.A (STARTING BASIC SALARY ON FSN-LL POSITION GRADE)
BASIC EDUCATION PROGRAM MANAGER
BASIC DUTIES OF THE POSITION
The incumbent will serve as an Activity Manager for selected education components of the activities that form the implementation core of the education strategy, which are implemented through cooperative agreements and contracts with US Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs). The assigned portfolio focuses on managing the new, yet to be awarded, reading program.
S/he performs the full range of program management functions including, inter alia, ensuring grantees/contractors meet the full objectives of their scopes of work, advising on evaluations, ensuring program compliance with USAID policies and that the content and objectives of education projects ensure outcomes consistent with the Mission strategy. The incumbent provides direction in the planning, development, design, management and evaluation of projects, and will serve as the coordinator for public-private partnerships for the Education Team. S/he provides liaison roles for USAID with the Government of Nigeria education sector managers at the federal and state levels as well as work with other International Development Partners.
S/he tracks policy developments, legislative changes, technical developments in the field, etc, that affect USAID’s activities and/or objectives and briefs local and visiting senior USAlD officials and US Embassy staff, as required, on the implementation of assigned activities in relation to host-country programs and priorities. The incumbent initiates and describes project ideas and initiatives in accordance with the education sector strategy, the Current environment in Nigeria, the institutional capabilities and purposes of potential USAID recipients, resource availability and funding source. Conducts research, as necessary, on social and economic factors pertaining to education in Nigeria for input to these documents. Contributes to the development of conceptual frameworks and formulates plans for required implementation documentation.
Note: All applicants MUST address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each criterion or the application will not be considered.
1. Education: A Master’s Degree in education or social sciences is required.
2. Work Experience: 3 to 5 years prior experience in areas related to education in Nigeria or program assistance field, including experience in collection, analysis and presentation of information is required.
3. Language Proficiency: Level IV English (Fluency in both written and oral English) is required.
4.Knowledge: Thorough knowledge of the major issues affecting education in all geographic regions in Nigeria, including technical, social and cultural aspects, and specific issues facing Education in Nigeria such as Universal Basic Education (UBE), Islamic Education, Girls’ Education, Parent-Teacher Association and Educational Financing etc.
5. Skills and Abilities: Demonstrable skills in decision-making and overseeing the implementation of education activities in Nigeria. She/he must have excellent management, interpersonal and teamwork skills, especially in multi-cultural settings, and must be able to use basic Microsoft application packages such as MS-Excel and MS- Word.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
I. Management will consider nepotism/conflict of interest, budget, and residency status in determining successful candidacy.
2. Current employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply.
3. Current employees who are qualified will be given preference.
4. Only successful applicants who meet the minimum requirements will be notified.
5. The Human Resources Office will NOT accept applications or resume submitted in U.S. Government official envelopes.
6. The minimum requirements must be adequately addressed in the cover letter of your application package. Failure to do so will disqualify your application.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following, or the application will not be considered;
I. A type-written application specifically applying for this position, and addressing the minimum requirements as advertised. Please reference the job title and announcement number on the application letter.
2. A Current resume or curriculum vitae, listing all job responsibilities; plus
3. Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
4. Please indicate position title and vacancy announcement number on the top right corner of the envelope and also on the subject line of the application letter
In addition to the basic salary, all allowances will be paid in accordance with the Mission Local Compensation Plan.
USAID/Nigeria In Abuja is seeking to employ a suitable and qualified candidate for the position of Basic Education Program Manager in the Education Office.
Submit Application To:
ATTN: Human Resource Office
c/o U.S. Embassy
1075 Diplomatic Drive Abuja, FCT,
DEADLINE: August 9, 2012.
Current Careers @ USAID Nigeria
|الذين يشاهدون محتوى الموضوع الآن : 1 ( الأعضاء 0 والزوار 1)|
|انواع عرض الموضوع|